Sunday Run Day




Coming down to the final stretch. The Royal Parks half marathon is on Sunday. SUNDAY RUN DAY!

In the last few months I’ve learned to push my body and mind in ways I didn’t think possible. Growing from a sluggish one mile run (proclaiming upon return “that was fucking BORING!! What have I signed up for?!”), to a twelve mile run which still leaves me dumbfounded on how I ever accomplished such a feat.

My mind incredibly slipping into auto pilot while whizzing through woodlands and busy north London streets. Dodging dog walkers and strolling families on narrow paths. I’m a definite rules of the road kind of girl. Stay on your side, people!! But have had to let that one go. Weave and bob. Bob and weave. Zoom zoom zoom.

A soundtrack of Saves the Day, Get Up Kids, Beastie Boys, Bryan Hartley (Memphis gent), Jimmy Eat World (just to name a few…) keeping me grounded and paced as the miles blurred by.

I swear Hello Nasty was made for this moment. Body movin’ Body movin’

Dealing with ankle injury and knackered knees. Learning to ice up. Rest up. Sitting out on Sunday strolls with my family in order to recover. It's been a great practice in mindfulness. Learning to read every twitch and twinge. When to stop. When to walk. When to push through and grab that last mile. When to pop a MAOAM in my mouth.

Learning that I can do whatever I bloody well put my mind to. Going from novice to full blown runner. With a purpose. And it feels fucking great!

So here’s to Sunday. Thirteen point one miles to go. In the name of the babes T & I have loved and lost. For all my friends and family who’ve grieved too. For all of you who have supported me through this. For all the rainbows at the end.

This one’s for ya’ll. 

Have MISCOURAGE.

All My Love,

The Running Girl

If you would like to sponsor, please click HERE.


one crazy, sweaty, happy mama

Comments

Popular Posts