Like Father, like Daughter

In April 1979, my father spent two days in a packed LA coliseum rocking out at the California World Music Festival. It was the first of many concerts he would ever attend. Picture my otherwise conservative father, several years before he became a young airman (and rebelliously pierced his ear), sweating out to the tunes of Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, and a little known band called Van Halen - all hosted by Cheech and Chong.


He bought this shirt as a reminder:



Through time the imagery has worn and the cotton has become sheer, but the memories still remain. It is now one of my favourite items in my wardrobe.


In a bid to find images from the fest online, I stumbled on an eBay link selling these shirts for upwards of $300. Dad laughs to think what he could have done if he had never worn the shirt. But to me, it is priceless.


Love you pops.


Comments

Popular Posts