Cupcakes for Nino

A dear friend of mine (my little Nino Paulito) asked me to bake a birthday cake for his 4 yr old sis and her TWENTY friends! Accepting the challenge, I scheduled a day-long bake session on Friday...

With a chosen theme of 'Pink & Flowers' - as requested from the birthday girl herself - I put my design hat on and came up with these little babies:

Buttery Flower Chocolate Cakes
& Pink Pearly Vanilla Cakes


I decided to bake a batch of 12 Chocolate & 12 Vanilla cakes - because you've always gotta give a bit of variety to a group of 4yr olds ;) Playing with the theme of 'Pink & Flowers', I turned the Chocolate cakes into little flower pots topped with my utterly buttery sugar cookies & decorated the Vanilla cakes in a creamy pastel pink frosting with shimmering sugary pearls.

Waiting to be decorated.

Mini Flower Pots

Pastel Palette

I used my favourite sugar cookie recipe for the buttery flowers - sticking wooden cocktail sticks in several cookies to make them stand up on the cakes (be sure to cut off the tips if your baking for the littluns!)

Coolin on the stovetops.

Dressed and ready to be housed atop their cakey homes!


(Baking tip: Refrigerate for an hour or two if you'd like the frosting to dry faster! Otherwise, let them dry on the countertop overnight.)

And for the party girl herself: one GIANT Chocolate Bouquet Cupcake!!

I think this covers Pink & Flowers...

Why can't everyday be a Friday bake day?

Until Next Time...

Hearts.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts