Gimme Some Sugar

My weekend was spent testing out sugar cookie recipes for the upcoming ASOS Access All Areas Bloggers Event - I am altogether excited and slightly nervous that my cookies will be touching the lips of some of today's most influential fashion bloggers!!


As a girl, I loved when my mother baked sugar cookies - quite possibly because this meant covering myself head to toe in a collage of colourful frosting. Now that I'm older (and no less excited about being covered in frosting!) I thought I'd return to this old favourite for the event.

Pinny on and cookie cutters at the ready, tonight I used a recipe courtesy of the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook...

Introducing:
Utterly Buttery Sugar Cookies
(The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook p. 138)

*The base came out a bit crumbly - so I added a couple teaspoons of water*

Lightly dust the worktop and pin for easy rolling!

This is exactly how I feel about these cookies.

The finished cookie - golden brown edges and a delightfully chewy centre. (I baked for approx 12min...this is one cookie you must keep an eye on as its cookin')


Sweet Sugary Icing
(aka - Royal Icing)

Ingredients:
2 Egg Whites
2tsp. Lemon Juice
3c. Icing Sugar
An Assortment of Food Colourings (Sticking with the specs, I used Red & Yellow)

Directions:
Using a hand mixer, beat together the Egg Whites and Lemon Juice in a large bowl. Slowly add the Icing Sugar to existing mixture until all is well incorporated. Believe it or not, your basic white frosting is now complete! (Easy Peasey!)

For Coloured Frosting:


Distribute the basic white frosting into several bowls (one for each colour you will be using) then add food colouring into your mixture until your desired colour appears. *Remember to add colouring one drop at a time...too much of something isn't always a good thing!*


My finished test cookies...

Sticking along with the 'Access All Areas' Theme

Saving a little for my team (inside jokes abound...)

Naturally I had to make a few small cookies for myself ;)

Until next time...

Hearts.

Comments

  1. I must admit, I like cookie's to be traditional chocolate chip numbers, but these creations were absolutely delicious! The base was chewy in the centre and crumbled perfectly at the edges.

    The best way to start a working week for sure x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look beautiful and the way you decribe them sounds irresistable. Your work colleagues are lucky to have you baking for them.

    Keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts